Ambassador Javed Malik
PRIME MINISTER’S SPECIAL ENVOY
The Prime Minister of Pakistan appointed Ambassador Javed Malik as Prime Minister’s Special Envoy with rank of an Ambassador in 2013. In this capacity he works on various economic and trade diplomacy initiatives aimed at expanding the scope of trade, encourage investment into Pakistan and also reach out to overseas Pakistanis in the Gulf region. This is Javed Malik’s second diplomatic appointment as he has also served as Pakistan’s Ambassador at Large between 2008-2011. He has been an advisor to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on international relations and also assisted Chief Minister Punjab, Shahbaz Sharif on trade and investment.
As Pakistan’s Ambassador at Large & Prime Minister’s Special Envoy, Ambassador Javed Malik works focuses on trade, economic and public diplomacy, as well as reaching out and engaging with non-resident (Overseas) Pakistanis that live outside Pakistan with a view to encouraging them to play a meaningful role in the nation building process. He has organized and been part of various international meetings, conferences and seminars aimed at highlighting the business, trade and investment opportunities in Pakistan, projecting Pakistan’s positive image and reaching out to Pakistanis living overseas. He represented the Prime Minister on International Conferences, and has also been part of official delegations several times.
Javed Malik is a well-known television and media personality and political journalist associated with both print and electronic media and appears on various national and international channels, and also writes for international publications. He is also the Publisher of the International Diplomat Magazine publishing in UAE.
SNAPSHOT OF VARIOUS INITIATIVES
- ORGANIZED Pakistan Investment Seminar in Islamabad
- ORGANIZED Pakistan UAE Business Roundtable, Dubai
- ORGANIZED First Overseas Pakistanis Forum, Dubai UAE
- ORGANIZED Welcoming Democracy in Pakistan Conference Chaired by Prime Minister
- LAUNCHED Pakistan International Council : Patron Prime Minister of Pakistan
- ORGANIZED Pakistan International Seminar in UAE: Chaired by Foreign Minister
- ORGANIZED Pakistan- UAE Business &Investment Conference: Chaired :Chief Minister of Punjab
- ORGANIZED Pakistan – UK Business & Investment Roundtable At House of Lords, UK
- ORGANIZED Pakistan Investment Roundtable | With Punjab Board of Investment
- ORGANIZED The Art of Friendship | A Celebration of Friendship between Pakistan & UAE
- ORGANIZED Overseas Pakistanis Business & Professionals Forum Chaired by PM Nawaz Sharif
- CHAIRED Pakistan Investment Dialogue in London with Business Leaders from UK
- ORGANIZED Pakistan –UK Investment Seminar – Chaired by Chief Minister Punjab
- ACCOMPANIED President of Pakistan for Official visit to the UAE